CalendarBack to calendar
Heart Saver CPR - GRHC Employees + Spouses
Grant Regional Health Center Employees! Heartsaver courses are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (for example, OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
General CPR Stats
- More than 350,000 out-of-hospital cardiac arrests occur each year in the United States.
- During cardiac arrest, immediate CPR can double or triple a person’s chance of survival.
- Less than half (46%) of bystanders will perform CPR
- Every minute counts; survival rates without CPR, decrease by 10% as each minute passes
- Neither current emergency medical services (EMS) nor first responders (police, fire) can routinely get to the scene of an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest within the 3-minute time window required to radically improve survival.
- The average ambulance response time – for an EMS unit to arrive on the scene from the time of a 911 call is 7 minutes
- This emergency response time increased to more than 14 minutes in rural settings.
- More than one in three American adults (estimated 85.6 million), have more than one form of cardiovascular disease.
- On average, someone dies of CVD every 37 seconds in the US.