Grant Regional Celebrates 2022 Accomplishments
Hospital news | Friday, December 30, 2022
Contact: Rochelle Williams
Grant Regional Health Center is proud to offer our region a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services. 2022 was a year of continued growth and progress as we welcomed new providers and introduced new services -- always striving to provide our communities with exceptional care, close to home. And that remarkable commitment to patient care has continued to earn us the prestigious 5-Star rating in patient experience through Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Our culture is intently focused on safety and providing high quality services which is why our patients continue to rate us in the top 6% in the nation.
- GRHC named one of the top 6 hospitals in Wisconsin to receive the highest marks for nurse communication from HCAPHPS scores from CMS
- GRHC reports $576K in community benefits in 2021 including free screenings, community health programs and services
- Added lead inpatient/Swing Bed physical therapist to enhance care for Swing Bed patients
- Started Nurse Intern program and welcome 1st three Nurse Interns
- Electronic medical record system conversion to Unity Point Health
- GRHC begins internal inclusivity initiative in preparation for Dr. Casillas including staff recruitment, document translation, signage, and patient experience touchpoints
- GRHC begins Community Inclusivity initiative with local businesses and organizations to help Lancaster be a more welcoming community
- Completed OB renovation to enhance maternity care, new technology and comfort for patients and families
- Successful Joint Commission Lab Survey
- GRHC partners with two area hospitals and SWTC to host Couch to 5K program
- GRHC Auxiliary and Foundation together awarded 13 scholarships to area students.
- GRHC was one of nineteen hospitals recognized by the University of Wisconsin Organ and Tissue Donation (UW OTD) for our ongoing commitment to saving and improving lives through organ and tissue donation
- Received USDA grant ($533,750) to help fund and build a family practice clinic in Fennimore
- Med/Surg added additional nursing staff and Respiratory Department also added an RT
- Offered sports physicals at our clinics and area schools with all fees donated back to those schools
- Urology Ultrasound system donated by Ray & Kay Eckstein Charitable Trust
- Welcomed Rachel Loeffelholz, APNP to Grant Regional Community Clinic
- Lab added a new phlebotomy position in the clinic to enhance patient care and convenience
- Continued our focus on health and wellness in response to the Community Health Needs Assessment, we offered wellness programs in surrounding communities such as Senior Fitness in Potosi, Healthy Directions in Bloomington, and Stand Up & Move More and Aquatic Fitness in Lancaster.
- Orthopedics introduces Iovera, innovative pain relief treatment for knee replacement pain and chronic knee pain
- Neurology began offering Qutenza, a treatment that provides 3-month pain relief for diabetic nerve pain of the feet (peripheral neuropathy) or post-shingles nerve pain.
- Third OR expansion was completed
- Welcomed Dr. David Casillas Plazola, FP/OB to Grant Regional Community Clinic
- Welcomed Dr. Dale Chilson, ENT to Grant Regional Community Clinic
- Welcomed Dr. Priscilla George, ER provider
- Walk-In Care hours were extended to 6AM-10PM daily
- 5-Star Recognition continues for 18 consecutive quarters
- Employee Engagement Survey results were 4.3 out 5 for staff engagement.
- Grant Regional Health Center receives $25,000 grant from Forward Community Investments and Otto Bremer Trust toward continued Inclusivity Initiative
- Hosted Community Health Fair in conjunction with local craft fair- screenings, breakout sessions, provider meet & greet, 250 attended
- Chartis Performance Leadership Award 2022 - Patient Perspective
- Lab added a new chemistry analyzer Ortho Vitros to improve efficiency, capacity, and accuracy.
- Nursing Recruitment Open House
- Erin Huebschman recognized with Community Hero Award - Wisconsin Office of Rural Health
- Grant Regional Health Center sponsored or participated in over 30 community events in our service area this past year.