Updated visitor restrictions – Effective 8/26/2022
As of 8/26/2022, masking is optional for patients, staff, and guests. Masking will be required when deemed appropriate by GRHC Admin.
Visitors are welcomed to Grant Regional Health Center with the following visitor restrictions and guidelines to follow.
1) All visitors should allow at least six feet between themselves and other patients and visitors.
2) Any visitor with obvious signs/symptoms of respiratory symptoms will be excluded from visiting the inpatient units.
3) Visitor Hours
a. Med/Surg Visitor Hours are 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (exceptions for end of life and pediatric patients)
b. OB Visitor Hours are from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. No visitors will be allowed for the first 6 hours after delivery except for the support person. Registration or greeter should call OB to determine timeline for post-delivery.
4) COVID Inpatient Positive Patients
a. COVID-19 Adults/OB
• One support person will be allowed to visit during the patient’s entire stay.
• No visitors will be allowed if patient is receiving aerosolizing generating procedures (AGP) or AGP is part of the plan of care. Examples of AGPs are open suctioning of airways, sputum induction, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, endotracheal intubation and extubating, non-invasive ventilation (e.g., BiPAP, CPAP), bronchoscopy, manual ventilation.
• Exemptions: At end of life, 2 visitors allowed at a time per 24 hours (midnight to midnight).
• The patient will determine who they want to designate as their one support person.
• Clear communication will occur between registration and nursing to clearly indicate designed support person (for example- nursing communication in EPIC, updating whiteboard, etc.).
• Nursing staff will educate the visitor on the following items and have visitor sign the visitor acknowledgement form:
• The risks associated with visitation so they can make an informed decision about participation.
• To contact public health to determine their length of quarantine.
• Proper hand hygiene.
• Proper don and doff procedures.
• Visitor will wear surgical mask, shield, gown, gloves in patient room.
• Visitor to remain in patient’s room for duration of visit.
• Encourage vaccination of visitor.
b. COVID-19 Pediatrics
• Two parents/guardians allowed.
• Same rules and education as stated above pertain to visitor of pediatric patients.
Questions? Please call before coming in (608) 723-2143.