Massage therapy is a natural and instinctive method to soothe minor aches and pains, as well as bring relief from nervous tension and fatigue.
Massage therapy consists of systematic manual or mechanical manipulation of the soft tissues of the body by rubbing, kneading, pressing, rolling and tapping. It has many proven health benefits, including:
- Helping relieve stress and aid relaxation.
- Helping relieve muscle tension and stiffness.
- Fostering faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments.
- Reducing muscle spasms.
- Providing greater joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Enhancing athletic performance.
- Promoting deeper and easier breathing.
- Improving circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids.
- Helping to relieve tension-related headaches.
- Strengthening the immune system.
We offer the following types of massages:
- Swedish/therapeutic ($20, $40, $55, $65, $95)—This light massage eases overall muscle tension, reduces stress and increases circulation.
- Lymphatic Massage ($40, $65, $95)
- Prenatal Massage ($40/$55)—This nurturing full-body massage releases tension and eases the discomforts of pregnancy.
- Couples' massage ($75/$115)—This massage for two pampers both in a luxurious and calming atmosphere.
- Reflexology ($40)—Pressure point therapy on hands and feet restores the body's natural equilibrium and energy.
- AromaTouch Technique a.k.a. "Raindrop" ($55)
*Massages available in 15-, 30-, 45-, 60-, or 90-minute sessions. Prices are determined by the length and type of massage.
- Deep tissue ($5)
- Hot stones ($5)
- Aromatherapy ($5)
- Hot towels ($5)
- Cupping ($10)
Aromatherapy, the use of essential oils for therapeutic effects, is also available to complement your massage session. Essential oils have been revered for their fragrance and their restorative effects on the body, mind and spirit for thousands of years.
*Our entrance is now in the Specialty Clinic entrance. You can park and enter from the Madison Street side of the hospital.