Video Health Clinic
Introducing Video Health Clinic!
The health and safety of our patients and the community is important to us. To ensure you can continue to get healthcare during this national emergency we have launched telehealth services. This service lets you connect to our clinic using secure video chat allowing you to get needed answers to your health questions from the comfort of your home.
If you need to see your primary care provider, Orthopedic or Urology provider, we are offering virtual visits for your routine care. Your health care provider will ask you questions and work with you to develop a plan of care, providing the same quality of care you would get in a face-to-face visit.
Our clinic providers agree there is no better replacement for face to face interaction with a patient, however at this time, it’s better to keep medical staff and patients safe when possible.
Video Health Clinic Hours:
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
How It Works
To schedule an appointment through our Video Health Clinic, call our clinic at (608) 723-2131. We will discuss your primary concern over the phone to determine if a video health appointment is right for you.
To set up a virtual visit you will need a smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer including a camera to allow video and audio capabilities. You will receive either text or email with a link to access your secure video connection with our acute care provider. If at any time during your visit you are asked to come into the clinic we will waive any telehealth visit fees.
Preparing for your visit
As you prepare for your virtual visit follow these instructions to ensure a successful visit.
Find a good location.
• A place that is quiet and private- close doors and windows to high-traffic areas.
• Remove clutter and have a blank wall behind you, if possible.
• Make sure the area is well-lit, avoid having light shine from behind you, this can create a glare on the video.
Test your technology
• Ensure have a good battery charge on your device (or plug it in).
• Use a Wi-Fi connection instead of cellular data (cell phone data), when possible.
• Set up for your phone, tablet, or laptop and test out the video, ensure you have the angle right so the provider can see you.
• Close out of all other apps and programs.
Make sure you are set up for quality audio.
• Mute, turn off, and remove any other noise makers. If you do not plan to use your smartphone for the call, put it on silent.
• Eliminate echos.
• Check for other outside noise, outside traffic, fan, air conditioner, etc.
• Make sure your microphone works and is free of any obstruction.
• Speak normally when on the call and in the direction of the camera.
How to connect to your virtual visit
In four easy steps connect with your provider using video chat.
1. Click the link sent to you via text or email.
2. Allow access to your microphone and camera, this step is important to allow the provider to both hear and see you.
3. Enter your name and click check in.
4. Your care provider will start your visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about our telehealth services.
What is a Video Health visit?
Video Health visits allow you to talk to your healthcare provider using a secure, real-time video chat without coming physically into the clinic for your appointment. Just like with any face-to-face appointment, you can have a family member, care provider, or friend accompany you if you wish.
Is this covered by my insurance?
Insurance coverage varies by insurance carrier and plan, it is always best to check your health plan benefits before using our telehealth services to ensure they are a covered service.
What if I do not have Wi-Fi or cellular data?
Video Health visits require that you have a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection to stream the video with our secure video app. A Wi-Fi connection is the preferred method to connect to our telehealth video services. If you do not have access to Wi-Fi or cellular data please contact our clinic and our team will help you schedule an in office visit at one of our clinic locations.
Call our clinic at (608) 723-2131 to check availability and schedule an appointment.